Upgrade slot
Donate

Help Name not displaying on scoreboard when connecting to steam client host via LAN.

SHIVAM

i have hosted competitive on LAN as a Steam client. warzone clients are able to connect via LAN from my IP. The game works fine. But Warzone clients name doesnot appear on scoreboard. at top of screen, the bot avatar is displayed for each warzone client. when warzone client kills or gets killed, his name appears, but not on scoreboard. ANY HELP?

here is a screenshot: as you can see at top, 2 players are connected. one on each side. the player named csmoney(my friend) has hosted the game on LAN via csgo "STEAM(not warzone)". after i connect as a warzone client , i join T side . A bot avatar is assigned to me as visible at top centre of screenshot. but my name does not display on scoreboard. however, when i kill someone or i get killed by someone, the name shows at top right corner that who killed who , but scoreboard name is missing for warzone client. if another steam clients joins, then his name is visible on scoreboard. its only the warzone clients who are facing this problem.
de_inferno0000.jpg

PS :[METHOD 2] : if have tried hosting as a warzone client. but there is a bug in this version of game. After i host the game, only 2 more warzone clients are able to connect. as soon as the 3rd player connects, the game shutsdown immediately. many people have this problem. please help OaO team. (screenshot of this problem is not possible as game suddenly shuts down when 3rd player connects).

by the way, some of friends have steam account and some dont, i just want to play latest csgo on LAN with all of them as they are not willing to buy the game at any cost. i have tried these 2 methods. If any other method possible then please mention.

thanks

this is the first time i see somthing like this
can u rename the player in game
then disconnect and connect again and show console output
if it didnt work
use Hamachi service , even tho its not recommended but see if their service can fix the problem

using hamachi would be a tidious job. i wont do it. Anyway, can you help me with the 2nd method mentioned on this post?@Artinovich

its a bug of this csgo warzone version , u guys have to solve it via update. As many people are facing same problem

i have hosted competitive on LAN as a Steam client. warzone clients are able to connect via LAN from my IP. The game works fine. But Warzone clients name doesnot appear on scoreboard. at top of screen, the bot avatar is displayed for each warzone client. when warzone client kills or gets killed, his name appears, but not on scoreboard. ANY HELP?

thanks

Same thing here, the scoreboard is not showing a player's name when he is connected to a LAN server using CS GO Warzone as a client.
If the same Warzone installation is used to connect to a public (non-lan) server, everything shows up fine in the scoreboard though.

How could that be fixed?

Edit:
By the way: It has probably nothing to do with the insecure settings, since on public (non-lan) servers scoreboard works in VAC-secured and non VAC-secured servers.

It really seems to be something, that happens together with LAN only.
And for CSGO-Steam-Users joining the very same LAN-Server, the scoreboard works just fine.

Edit2:
I just realized that there is also a dedicated server (srcds.exe) coming with the warzone client itself:
I started up this warzone dedicated server now and connected with a warzone client:
The problem remains the same.

This is how the client console-output looks like:

Code:
 retry

Commencing connection retry to public(192.168.1.100:27015)

**** Panel Title has fill-parent-flow for width, but isn't in a flowing right layout

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Restart' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Back' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Pause' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Slow' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Play' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Fast' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

**** Unable to localize '#DemoPlayback_Next' on panel descendant of 'HudDemoPlayback'

ChangeGameUIState: CSGO_GAME_UI_STATE_MAINMENU -> CSGO_GAME_UI_STATE_LOADINGSCREEN

Error reading file materials/panorama/images/hud/reticle/reticle_dot.png.

**** Panel  has fill-parent-flow for height, but isn't in a flowing down or up layout

Connecting to public(192.168.1.100:27015) ...

Server using '<none>' lobbies, requiring pw no, lobby id ffffffffffffffff

Connected to 192.168.1.100:27015

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Map: de_lake

Players: 1 (0 bots) / 32 humans

Build: 7234

Server Number: 1

Resource materials\panorama\images\icons\ui\gungametrbomb.svg failed to load.

SignalXWriteOpportunity(3)

Got pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 1.

Error reading file resource/overviews/de_lake_radar_spectate.dds.

LordOfLamas connected.

Resource materials\panorama\images\icons\ui\gungametrbomb.svg failed to load.

ChangeGameUIState: CSGO_GAME_UI_STATE_LOADINGSCREEN -> CSGO_GAME_UI_STATE_INGAME

ChangeGameUIState: CSGO_GAME_UI_STATE_INGAME -> CSGO_GAME_UI_STATE_INGAME

0:  Reinitialized 2 predictable entities

Player: LordOfLamas - Damage Given

-------------------------

Damage Given to "Chad" - 32 in 1 hit

Player: LordOfLamas - Damage Taken

Last edited by a moderator:
Same problem here. Only bots on scoreboard.Everyone else doesnt appear.I can only test lan mode.

Back